Vaccines are an essential tool in the fight against infectious diseases. They are medical products designed to stimulate the body’s immune system to recognise and protect against specific diseases caused by viruses or bacteria. Samedaydoctor City Clinic offers a range of vaccines for children and adults.
Vaccines are recommended based on the risk of exposure to the diseases and the severity of the illnesses they prevent. By following the recommended immunisation schedule, individuals can build immunity and help prevent the spread of infectious diseases within the community.
Some of the standard routine vaccines that are available at Samedaydoctor are:
- BCG: used to prevent tuberculosis (TB)
- dT-IPV: protects against diphtheria, tetanus and polio
- HPV: protects against certain strains of the human papillomavirus, which can cause cervical and other cancers
- Meningococcal: protects against Neisseria meningitidis, which can cause meningitis and bloodstream infections
- MMR: protects against measles, mumps and rubella
- Shingles: designed to protect against shingles (herpes zoster)
To ensure you have the most accurate and up-to-date information about standard routine and travel specific vaccinations, it’s best to consult with a healthcare professional. Samedaydoctor City Clinic can provide personalised recommendations and address any specific concerns you may have regarding vaccinations.